Cleaning and Care
How to Clean and Care for Your New Hardwood Floors
Hardwood flooring is appreciated for its natural beauty and integrity. Each piece is truly unique. Every species of wood is born with subtle variations - color, tone, graining, knots, streaks, blemishes, and mineral stains. Masterfully weaved together, the pieces make up exquisite spaces: homes, offices, restaurants, and retail stores. Like fine wine, high-quality hardwood flooring ages fabulously and gains remarkable character over time.
The variations in hardwood flooring may become more distinct over time when exposed to direct sunlight. If you would prefer to reduce the potential effects of sun, you may do so by occasionally rearranging your furniture and rugs.
8 Useful Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining the Beauty of Your Hardwood Flooring
- Control the climate at a steady level. Changes in humidity can lead to changes in your hardwood flooring.
- Place natural fiber rugs with soft bottoms at entry points to catch dirt, grit, and moisture.
- Sweep the wood floor with a gentle and absorbent mop. If you would prefer vacuuming, make sure it is done with a machine with hardwood-safe rollers.
- Wipe up food and spills promptly.
- Avoid wet mops.
- Never use wax or petroleum-based cleaning products.
- Apply felt or rubber padding to bottom of furniture, including chair and table legs. The pads are available in various shapes and sizes and can be found at home improvement stores.
- Ask your guests to leave their spiky high heels or heavy boots at the door.
Follow these suggestions and your Bausen wood floors would maintain its beauty for years to come.
Have a specific question about caring for your flooring? Please give us a call at (626) 839-6718.